Calculator is in beta use
Testing and trial use is pending. Calculator is coded in the summer and published in Sep 2017.
- The calculator has example calculations, check out and modify controls so that you will quickly get familiar with the functioning of the calculator
Set position in the map and the calculator will get
- weather information like the cloudiness and the variation of temperatures
- latitude from which the orbit of the sun will be calculated
- so that your calculation does not “disappear”, immediately
- you can maintain your calculation later, share it etc.
Click ? and you will get hints and rules
- Read the hints first
- Use the unit given in the hints (i.e. MWh, kW, €, %)
- device ON and included in the calculations.
- device OFF and not included in the calculations.
- Look at your energy bill, how much energy is consumed .
- Input fuel price and consumption.
- How much electricity is consumed for heating?
- Does the price of electricity vary ?
- How many inhabitants, how much hot water is consumed?
- Are there heat pumps , is hot needed ?
- Test easily sizing and power
- Clear colors, i.e. black for total energy and total expenses.
Choose and size Solixis
- Solar concentrator
- Do we need air conditioning or cold ?
- Try heat recovery
- Size up and down
- The efficiencies of heat pumps at times when they are used the most
- That energy consumption is on a yearly and monthly level same as in the energy bill
- Graphics, does it look right.
- When it looks good and everything is checked.
- Share in some, discuss, improve later.
- Make a proposal to the board or the general meeting, order.
- Solixi controller data tells how the savings materialized, and your energy bill.
Unique algorithm calculator
- Complex energy modelling of a building in a moment.
- You can get along with basic information.
- Test alternatives in seconds.
- You only need the energy bill and the information of present devices.
The entity determines
Intelligent algorithms, formulas and functions take the weather, chosen devices, power, prices, energy consumption and yield as well as time from hour level to year level into account as one integrated entity.
In this way the savings are under 100 % and realistic, although there would be several devices that “save” over 50 %.
Calculator favours the cheapest energy the same way as the intelligent Solixi controller. The calculator calculates also the savings brought by the energy storage (boiler) taking into account the changes in weather and electricity price as well as the running time and power of the devices.
Previously there has not been a corresponding calculator.
Power and sizing is easy to adjust up and down:
- set optimal in different situations.
- Is there enough power ?
- Is there heating power reserve in January ?
- What kind of electricity contract pays off ?
- Does it pay off to invest in low temperature heating (floor heating) ?
Offer and savings calculator
- Solixi-offer is a saved building-specific calculation provided by the calculator
- Savings heating and air conditioning/cold .
- The dealer checks the calculation and can make corrections or suggestions.
Prices from the dealer
The offer contain also possible other devices and supplies as well as the installation with time tables.
Although Solixi is new and innovative energy system from which there is no experience and although every house and location is different, the calculation is, when it is done according to instructions, a good basis for continued planning.
- Other calculators and modelings of buildings, comparisons.
- Solixi experts and partners.
- Feed back and correction suggestions are taken into account.
- The data of the 2013 Solixi prototype.
- Solixi controllers collect data that is compared to the data of the calculator.
- Also old calculations get more accurate when there is more information.
- Controller data and materialized energy statistics are usually public on these pages, as well as the calculator is.
Accuracy gets better
When You save your calculation, it gets more accurate over time – the savings can increase or decrease and the shape of the curve can change.
The calculations of the neighbour can be found on the map.
may pay off. For example a common big boiler , a common solar concentrator on a sunny roof , own Solixi controllers and adjustments for everybody ; temperatures , consumption and savings .
Solixi Oy is not responsible for calculations
but calculator and the data produced by controllers is a basis for design to the ones who do Solixi calculations and to the ones who consider acquisition of Solixi: housing companies, companies, municipalities and industry.